Witley Court and Gardens
Witley Court and Gardens lies 7 miles west of The New Cottage. Once owned by the Dudley family and now in the care of English Heritage. See the remains of the house, the gardens, the famous Perseus and Andromeda Fountain and the fabulous Italianate Baroque church adjacent to the grounds. The Court has many activities for both adults and children.
Elgar Birthplace Museum
Just 2.5 miles from The New Cottage, the small house where Elgar was born in 1857 is now the Elgar Birthplace Museum, dedicated to him. There is also a modern Elgar Centre which contains a collection of manuscripts and other memorabilia connected to Elgar.
Worcester Cathedral is one of England's loveliest cathedrals. The magnificent 12th century building contains a Norman crypt and the tomb of King John, amongst others. It has a viewing area at the top of the tower from which Worcester can be seen in all directions.
The Commandery, Worcester
The core part of this historic Grade 1 listed building known as The Commandery was completed in 1460, and was used in the Civil Wars. It currently displays 6 different periods of history, from the Medieval to Victorian. There is a painted chamber that is totally covered in medieval wall paintings, recalling the building's original use as a monastery hospital.
Worcester Porcelain Museum
The Worcester Porcelain Museum on the factory's former site includes the museum of Royal Worcester, and houses the largest collection of Worcester porcelain. The collection dates back to 1751.
West Midland Safari Park, Bewdley
Just 14 miles from The New Cottage, you can drive through the 4 miles of the West Midland Safari Park to enjoy the many animals there, including the only pride of white lions in the UK, plus tigers, cheetahs, hippos and meerkats.
Severn Valley Railway
The Severn Valley Railway is is one of the most popular heritage railways in the country, seeing over 250,000 visitors a year. It runs the 16 miles from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth and provides a wonderful day out for all the family. It lies 14 miles north of The New Cottage.